beach diggin vol 5
Format: 2xLP Import
1. Yasuko Agawa - "LA Nights"
2. African Oyibo - "Lite Low"
3. Rebles - "Sweetest Taboo"
4. Ricardo Marrero & The Group - "And We'll Make Love"
5. Koko Ateba - "Si T'es Mal Dans Ta Peau"
6. Sookie - "Tonight" (feat Jeannine Otis)
7. Raphael Toine - "Femmes Pays Douces"
8. Eboni Band - "Desire"
9. Robert J Riggins - "I Need You Now"
10. Salero - "Teardrops & Wine"
11. Momo Joseph - "War For Ground"
12. Claude Genteuil - "Dreams Of Love"
13. Andre Marie Tala - "Sweet Dole"
14. Gatot Soedarto - "Sayangilah Daku Kasih"
15. Synchro Rhythmic Eclectic Language - "Pasto"
Last volume of this compilation series, again a great one.., Holding amazing tunes from across the globe that you probably already have been looking for.... TIP!!
Over the last five years and as many volumes of their Beach Diggin’ compilations, Guts and Mambo have explored the reefs of five continents, dredged the sea beds of countless seas and oceans, examined every single seashell with the aim of making sure that no vinyl pearl should escape their notice.
Tunisian reggae, Japanese disco, West Indian jazz-funk, the duo’s aesthetic dribbling skills would stop the savviest Brazilian football player dead in his tracks, and it was with this in mind that they proceeded to select their discoveries. With a marked preference for meditative free-diving rather than tour package scuba diving, and isolated spots rather than massively overdeveloped beachfronts.
For this latest instalment of their adventures, Guts and Mambo have organised another expedition around the world, to salute the spots where for the last five years they have uncovered rare specimens, saving some of them from total extinction, while shining a light on others that amply deserved it.
Though each Beach Diggin’ compilation can be listened to independently of the others, the five together now form a kind of navigational chart signalling with its green flags the places where, in Africa, Europe, Asia, America, and the South Pacific, they gambolled on sandy beaches, avoiding the well-trodden path, becoming more and more demanding with each passing year.
Beach diggin’ is a state of mind...